Boat Loans Boat Loan

Go Back   Boat Loco Boating Community > Boat Loco Forum > Boat Tips - Maintenance - Whats New

View Poll Results: baha cruisers problems
delamination of transom 0 0%
any problems with baha criusers 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 03-29-2009, 06:44 AM

Default baha cuisers transom wows

i have a 2004bahacruisers 277 gle , bought new and delivered on may first 2004 . i live in new jersey and only boat about 6 months of the year so in usages the boat is really 2 1/2 years old . my problem started 2 years ago . the transom delaminated from the wood core , i have been in contact with baha cruisers from MAYO FLORIDA and have been given the run around . first they blamed the transom wood provider which is greenwood xl products out of PORTLAND ORIGON. after inspection , greenwood products found no rot existed , just complete saturation of the wood . after having experts in the new jersey area check out my problem , the conclusion a new transom was the ansewer , this info was forwarded to KEN NALL the owner of BAHA CRIUSERS and he would not pay for a new transom . he would only pay under warranty a resin injection to bond the fiberglass to the wood again . i being caught in a catch 22 situation , went ahead and ok this , with the status that after the winter with a freeze and thaw we would look at the bonding . i was told many times from pros in the NEW JERSEY area that this method of repair was not accepted , now i have more hollowness in the bottom of my transom and the drain plug has fallen out . this drain plug was held with three screws of one inch in lenght . a silicone ring around the plug . if any owner of a Baha with the same problems or other type of problems please call me phone # 973-713-0253 or email me paulsilva16@hotmail.com. thank you