Unread 11-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Default Grady-White Canyon 366

Grady-Whiteís Canyon 366 is a multifaceted center-console. It can fish the blue water effectively, comfortably and safely. Itís also a wonderful family boat, with amenities that include a generous cabin with double berth. Another distinction that sets the Canyon 366 apart from other jumbo center-consoles is that it runs great when with just a pair of outboard motors. The Canyon 366 has a huge beam. This results in huge interior volume. For instance, thereís space for four to lounge about and watch TV in the console cabin. stash the kids here after a long day, while the adults socialize on deck. Also, with its head, shower, minigalley, double berth and massive stowage, a pair of tournament anglers could weekend aboard. So could a skipper and his mate.

That galley is functional, with microwave and refrigerator, but Iíd order the optional grill ($1,145). Installed in the tackle center, it allows grilling burgers, steaks and fish for a crowd, rather than the microwaveable fare youíd likely cook in the galley. Located behind the leaning post, the tackle centerís standard arrangement includes a livewell, a fish box, capacious tackle stowage, leader dispenser, a sink and a really functional Grady-built rig rack that held lures securely when we ran offshore during the test.
At the helm, I enjoyed the protection of a three-sided glass enclosure integral with the massive t-top. With thunderstorms forecast, Iíd packed my rain gear, but when the drops began falling and the spray began flying as we shot into a squall line, I didnít bother donning it. Neither did my three companions. We all fit at the helm bench. Air conditioning ($4,380) ducted here staved off North Carolinaís July heat.

The ride proved as comfortable as the climate control, the Canyon 366 maintaining a jar-free, straight-tracking experience at 30 mph in three-foot seas. Performance? During my test, the twin Yamaha F350 outboards saw to it that the Canyon 366 posted a one-way top speed of 47.6 mph. at 29.9 mph, burning 27.1 gph, its economy exceeded one mile per gallon, providing 374 miles of range. Could you ask for more? Some do.

More...

Last edited by admin; 11-12-2009 at 12:46 PM.